What would the community feel is the top 5 metadata elements that should be mandatory for a dataset catalog record AND of those 5 which do you think is most important to developers and citizens wanting to discover and use datasets that are relevant to them?
Here is a recommendation:
1. Subject Coverage (aka topic or "WHAT", for a hierarchical tree display/browsing)
2. Schema Location (for structured datasets)
3. Geospatial Coverage (aka "WHERE", for a map display)
4. Temporal Coverage (aka "WHEN", for a timeline display)
5. Biographical Coverage (aka "WHO", for a link analysis display)
Note: by "Coverage" I mean (like DDMS) the contents of the dataset and not metadata about the publisher (though that is important too, just not in regarding to relevance).
What are your Top 5?
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.